Using Salesforce and Sitecore? S4S is an integration that makes your business more profitable. Some S4S features will amaze, some intrigue and other features will not apply to your business. In this post, we look at the S4S Now feature and how it helps the sales and support teams process inbound phone calls (or outbound voice calls).
Voice and Vision
Clearly, operators need to effectively engage callers during sales and support conversations. Their adept verbal skills can be further enhanced by the use of technology. During voice calls, the caller is likely to have the company website open in a browser tab or has the ability to easily open the site. It's likely because they used the phone number published on the website to call the sales or support number. It makes sense, therefore, to use the website as a tool to more deeply engage the caller. S4S Now enhances the conversation using the company website.
To understand how S4S Now works, consider a prospect visiting a Sitecore website. They become interested in a product and, wanting to know more, call the company and speak to a Salesforce operator. Until now, this would be an entirely verbal conversation that required the parties to talk through any website navigation or exchange email addresses if they needed to share documents.
S4S Now takes this much further, using the company website to show visual content and provide download links during the live conversation. The sharing is initiated by the Salesforce operator who wants to dig into more detail with the caller. This could be any detail accessible by URL e.g.
- Product detail pages and images
- Hidden pages, like competitor comparisons and deal pricing
- FAQ’s and support information
- Specifications, warrantees, and legal documents
- Online meetings, desktop sharing, and video conferencing sessions
- Pages on third-party websites like a payment provider
- Streams from a video camera
- Pages where email and personal preferences are set
- A calendar to discuss possible appointment times
- Maps to discuss locations, journey times, and parking information
The operator simply pastes the URL into an S4S Now field in Salesforce and the URL is instantly pushed to a link in the prospect's browser.
So how do prospects see the detailed content? The operator asks them to click on a numeric link (CUSTOMER ID) in the website's page footer. This action opens the desired web page or document download. So how is this possible? The Salesforce operator can view all the current Sitecore sessions in Salesforce.
Each is identified by the numeric value that equates to the footer link. It is easy for the operator to identify the session belonging to the person being spoken to.
S4S Now also lets the operator create a Salesforce lead or contact and associate the session browsing history to the new record. If the website visitor is already an existing lead, contact, or case, S4S Now recognizes this and shows the operator the corresponding record.
S4S Now lets Salesforce operators show visual content to prospects during voice conversations. Operators can quickly direct callers to key content to finalize sales and close support calls e.g.:
- Show a caller any web page, on the current Sitecore site or any other website
- Share documents like images, personalized contracts, screenshots, instructions, reports, invoices, and much more
- View the behavior of the prospect on the website before and during the call
- Personalize Sitecore from Salesforce so content is precisely tailored to the prospect's needs
Having a visual channel of communication is invaluable during phone calls in both Salesforce Sales and Service Clouds. If you want to learn more about call processing with S4S please call us for a demo or chat.